Saturday, December 7, 2013

I am Tom!


Hello, welcome to my blog. I am Tom and I have HIV/AIDS.

I have been reborn this year 2013. The next few blog posts will tell my story of rebirth from life with HIV. I have been rechristened  with the name "Tom". I am humbled by the name. It is only fitting and proper that I continue to carry the same pen name. I know a few Tom in the past that have inspired me in so many ways. I would like to write about them in the future.


Allow me to introduce the blog's main inspiration, Thomas the Fisherman. The often mentioned incredulous doubting fisher folk from Galilee spoke the most humbling words I have ever heard and uttered myself in times of distress and supplication, "M-L-A-M-G". Before becoming an Apostle he was a fisherman and he travelled the oftentimes rough Sea of Galilee. Some nights they catch no fish, but responding to the Lord's command one early morning they did haul 153 large ones. Following his mission to be fishers of men, he travelled to South Asia. With reverence to Thomas, I now sail on my own rough seas of doubt and faith, toil and grace, indifference and compassion.

With this, join me as I chronicle my own journey as a Person Living with HIV.





Add me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment