Thursday, January 2, 2014

What does World AIDS Day mean to you?


"When you really want something to happen, the whole world conspires to help you achieve it."

This is what World AIDS Day reminds me of. In fact, I personally believe that it was divine providence that Paolo Coelho wrote the bestselling book in the 80s when HIV/AIDS was already discovered.


The Alchemist teach us to pursue our dreams. Today, that dream is Getting to Zero. And nothing should hinder us from reaching those Three doable dreams. No more AIDS related deaths. No more new infection. No more stigma and discrimination.


Despite seeing the numbers go up for the last 5 or 10 years in the Philippines, I am positive that we are heading in the right direction. Someday soon, we will hit the plateau of success and those numbers will start to spiral down. So cheer up! Don't be saddened, we are doing the work of love. Let's learn more on how we can get there. Let experience teach us the lessons of life and love. Let's level up on our commitments to work more on Prevention and scale up our Awareness drive. Let's go and reach out to more communities, leave no stone unturned.



We come together today, to pledge our support to pursue that universal dream of better life for People Living With HIV. And we light the candles to remember those who have left us already. We wear that Red Ribbon on our sleeves to show our support to all the stake holders, families and friends, the health care providers, doctors, nurses, volunteers, and those who came out into the open to work on sending that message of love and compassion.

Personally, today reminds me that I am not alone in this fight. Today, reminds me that I am part of that world that cares. Today, reminds me to continue and persevere in the pursuit of my Personal Legend.


Finally, I found mine. And luckily, it's here for keeps...





Happy World AIDS Day to everyone!


(read during the joint WAD celebration of The Red Ribbon & UP Student Council at the UP Diliman, Dec. 1, 2013)




 Add me on:
FB - tomasito153@gmail.com 
Twitter - @tomasito153

No comments:

Post a Comment